ST PAULS ANGLICAN CHURCH
The property was a mix of eclectic buildings and in desperate need of an upgrade. All the buildings were unified by the design of a roof with interior elements carpeting the floor, installation of LED (mood and functional) lighting has created a great multi purpose space. Maximizing the natural light and featuring the sandstone wall of the church has added elegance, warmth and are timeless design elements.
The 106 year old timber hall was resurrected to a building that replicates its original 1906 The Federation period with a modern twist. The addition of the mezzanine level created much needed administration space and now combined with a primary school is well utilized.
Upgrade internal space of church building. New carpet, new chairs, painted walls, painted archways to highlight architectural features, installed Big ASS Fans, Michael Hennessy Photography
Main Entrance Sandstone Feature Wall
this was the old external front gated entrance looking to a mix of concrete ramp, timber decking & six different types of hand railing. It was exposed to all weather & traffic noise from the busy Fullers Road.
Carpet tiles highlight architectural features
Breakout space & platform
this was the old timber decking, looking to a mix of concrete ramp, timber decking & six different types of hand railing. The courtyard was connecting 4 different spaces as large hall, kitchen, smaller hall & meeting room. It was exposed to all weather & traffic noise from the busy Fullers Road.
Warm Timber and Sandstone Features in Church Entrance
this was the old external gated entrance from the car park looking to a mix of concrete ramp, timber decking & six different types of hand railing. It was exposed to all weather & traffic noise from the busy Fullers Road. The design was specific to incorporate the sandstone of the church building & to allow as much light into the new breakout space as possible. The total floor area is a new concrete slab with angle ramps to Australian Codes for easy access to disabled & young families with prams.
Main Church Foyer
Looking towards the new main entrance from Fullers Road. All flooring is ramped to Australian Standards, high windows designed above the ceiling to allow as much light into the church thru its north facing windows Timber feature walls enhance the sandstone for a monochrome enhances space
Primary School Class Room
Primary School Toilets
Caroma wall hung basins, height appropriate for children, privacy panel for wall mounted urinal, Earp Bros white wall tiles to ceiling,
Reception to Administration & Primary School
totally new room using v joint board to create the century old age of the building. Colours of the walls & flooring are fresh to encourage a good comfortable learning environment throughout the building.
Meeting Room flowing out to balconey
New meeting/ boardroom leading out to balcony maximizing a westward view of towards the Blue Mountains. The v joint board was installed to replicate the cedar ceiling in the original adjoining area. Porters Paints mixed the colour to perfection. The continuation of Resene Spanish White walls blends well with the period of the building
Mezzanine level office space
new mezzanine level for administration. glass balustrade copulates the existing support beam that held the original building together. Plus a connection from the mezzanine to ground floor & allowing natural light into the hallway below
Dorma windows were designed specifically and installed for the mezzanine area allowing lots of natural to flow into the space
Mezzanine and Ground Floor hallway
Skylights and Dorma windows were designed specifically and installed for the mezzanine area allowing lots of natural to flow into the space
Hall and childrens play area
Reconstructed Timber Hall
Reconstructed Timber hall
A fantastic result for a building that was build in 1906 & reconstructed to house many activities for the church, over hopefully the next 106 years. A new car park completed the refurbishment of the church property.